The Casualty Actuarial Society is a professional organization whose purpose is the advancement of the body of knowledge of actuarial science applied to property, casualty, and similar risk exposures.
- Rating Variables, Educative Statements, and the I.I.I.
- Highlights from the August 2019 CAS Board of Directors Meeting
- What is CAS Student Central and How Can it Benefit Your Future Employees?
- 3 Highlights from the CAS Leadership Summit
- The CAS Trust Scholarship: Expanding its Reach and Impact in the P&C Actuarial Industry
Tag Archives: Big Data
IoT is not the same as lol (Internet of things, laugh out loud). The open internet, cloud computing, and the vast freedoms enhanced with mobile technology are already here. These present new risks for the actuarial community to become engaged. Cyber risk is not the nascent concept assumed years ago. It is here today and … Read more
Big Data has officially arrived, and it’s changing the way business works, including actuarial science, wrote David Zornek, an actuarial consultant at Oliver Wyman, in the most recent issue of the Actuarial Review. Zornek, who is also a candidate representative to the CAS Candidate Liaison Committee, highlighted a variety of resources that actuaries can use … Read more
Whether we like it or not, the environment for the Casualty Actuarial Society and its members is changing. One might paint different pictures of these environmental changes. One picture might be a major paradigm shift for the CAS that drives innovation and excellence. Another picture might be an evolution of our actuarial profession and the … Read more