The Casualty Actuarial Society is a professional organization whose purpose is the advancement of the body of knowledge of actuarial science applied to property, casualty, and similar risk exposures.
- Rating Variables, Educative Statements, and the I.I.I.
- Highlights from the August 2019 CAS Board of Directors Meeting
- What is CAS Student Central and How Can it Benefit Your Future Employees?
- 3 Highlights from the CAS Leadership Summit
- The CAS Trust Scholarship: Expanding its Reach and Impact in the P&C Actuarial Industry
Tag Archives: predictive analytics
Not surprisingly, one of the many things I’m helping with, in my month-old position as CAS Staff Actuary, is the development of The CAS Institute and its credentialing programs, beginning with a data science and predictive analytics credential. This is an initiative for which I was delighted to have cast an approving vote last year … Read more
Big Data has officially arrived, and it’s changing the way business works, including actuarial science, wrote David Zornek, an actuarial consultant at Oliver Wyman, in the most recent issue of the Actuarial Review. Zornek, who is also a candidate representative to the CAS Candidate Liaison Committee, highlighted a variety of resources that actuaries can use … Read more
Does your actuarial training make you attractive to employers looking for someone to join their predictive analytics team? Why would they hire you over, say, a PhD in statistics? This was an important question for me personally, as I was looking to break into the world of predictive analytics. And yes! Success! I’m 6 months … Read more