The Casualty Actuarial Society is a professional organization whose purpose is the advancement of the body of knowledge of actuarial science applied to property, casualty, and similar risk exposures.
- Rating Variables, Educative Statements, and the I.I.I.
- Highlights from the August 2019 CAS Board of Directors Meeting
- 3 Highlights from the CAS Leadership Summit
- The CAS Trust Scholarship: Expanding its Reach and Impact in the P&C Actuarial Industry
- My First Impressions at the CAS
Tag Archives: CAS Executive Council
Pursuing a career as an actuary is a challenging and rewarding road, requiring a commitment to passing a rigorous set of examinations to achieve CAS credentials while working full-time. After years of experience in the profession, members may reflect upon the advice that they wish they were given during the early stages of their career. … Read more
As the CAS approaches its centennial anniversary, the organization has been thinking a great deal about its history and celebrating the individuals who have played instrumental roles in the organization’s growth. Regretfully, the CAS recently lost two past presidents, Ruth Salzmann (1978 – 1979) and Jerry Scheibl (1980 – 1981). In celebration of their achievements, … Read more