The Casualty Actuarial Society is a professional organization whose purpose is the advancement of the body of knowledge of actuarial science applied to property, casualty, and similar risk exposures.
- Rating Variables, Educative Statements, and the I.I.I.
- Highlights from the August 2019 CAS Board of Directors Meeting
- What is CAS Student Central and How Can it Benefit Your Future Employees?
- 3 Highlights from the CAS Leadership Summit
- The CAS Trust Scholarship: Expanding its Reach and Impact in the P&C Actuarial Industry
Tag Archives: Actuarial Exams
At a CAS Board meeting last August, Board Member Jessica Leong posed a strategic question: “Why does the CAS exist?” Leong told the Board about author Simon Sinek’s TED Talk inspired by his book, “Start with Why.” Sinek observes how successful organizations communicate and sell themselves and believes that many organizations communicate in questions in … Read more
Pursuing a career as an actuary is a challenging and rewarding road, requiring a commitment to passing a rigorous set of examinations to achieve CAS credentials while working full-time. After years of experience in the profession, members may reflect upon the advice that they wish they were given during the early stages of their career. … Read more