The Casualty Actuarial Society is a professional organization whose purpose is the advancement of the body of knowledge of actuarial science applied to property, casualty, and similar risk exposures.
- Rating Variables, Educative Statements, and the I.I.I.
- Highlights from the August 2019 CAS Board of Directors Meeting
- 3 Highlights from the CAS Leadership Summit
- The CAS Trust Scholarship: Expanding its Reach and Impact in the P&C Actuarial Industry
- My First Impressions at the CAS
Author Archives: Nora Potter
This year, the Casualty Actuarial Society introduced live streaming to our professional education events. The live streaming format was piloted at the 2015 Casualty Loss Reserves Seminar (CLRS) in Atlanta, GA. The program streamed a keynote address and four concurrent sessions as they happened at the seminar. The pilot was a resounding success and will … Read more
The CAS Interactive Online Education Committee is busy developing several online courses on the topics of: Introduction to R Introduction to Stochastic Reserving Statistics for Reserve Variability Statistics for Predictive Modeling Bayesian MCMC The self-paced, interactive online courses will allow actuaries to participate in virtual, hands-on education that is designed with adult learning principles. The Committee’s … Read more