The Casualty Actuarial Society is a professional organization whose purpose is the advancement of the body of knowledge of actuarial science applied to property, casualty, and similar risk exposures.
- The Future of Credentialing for Catastrophe Risk
- 2019 CAS Spring Meeting: President’s Perspective
- Publishing Research Through the CAS
- What is CAS Student Central and How Can it Benefit Your Future Employees?
- Rating Variables, Educative Statements, and the I.I.I.
Tag Archives: Reserving
I’m just back from the annual ASTIN Colloquium, held June 1-3 in Lisbon, Portugal, on the campus of the Lisbon School of Economics and Management (known locally as ISEG, “Instituto Superior de Economia e Gestão”). The meeting was a valuable and enjoyable experience – although I was delighted to return home and experience both air … Read more
At the CAS Centennial Celebration and Annual Meeting, Don Mango, Dave Clark, Jim Guszcza and I are presenting a session called “Reserving for the Next 100 Years: Thinking Outside the Triangle.” We’re going to talk about whether we’ve been innovative in reserving, and it’s quite debatable. On the one hand, the CAS has over 400 … Read more