The Casualty Actuarial Society is a professional organization whose purpose is the advancement of the body of knowledge of actuarial science applied to property, casualty, and similar risk exposures.
- Rating Variables, Educative Statements, and the I.I.I.
- Highlights from the August 2019 CAS Board of Directors Meeting
- 3 Highlights from the CAS Leadership Summit
- The CAS Trust Scholarship: Expanding its Reach and Impact in the P&C Actuarial Industry
- My First Impressions at the CAS
Tag Archives: Catastrophe Risk
The Staff Actuary’s Blog: CAS Research Need Not Involve Triple Integrals! (Not that there’s anything wrong with those…)
In this blog post, I hope to accomplish two things at once, both involving CAS research. First, I’m happy to share that we have added a page to the website for our peer-reviewed research journal, Variance, titled “Articles in Press.” Currently, because of copyediting and the lengthy publication process, we have a collection of accepted … Read more
The Committee on Theory of Risk (COTOR) began the Risk Premium Project (RPP) in 2000 with RPP I, which represented an extensive, thorough, and up-to-date analysis of the theory and empirics of risk assessment for property-casualty insurance. Given the vast development in this field, the RPP II update extended the findings from RPP I with … Read more