The Casualty Actuarial Society is a professional organization whose purpose is the advancement of the body of knowledge of actuarial science applied to property, casualty, and similar risk exposures.
- Rating Variables, Educative Statements, and the I.I.I.
- Highlights from the August 2019 CAS Board of Directors Meeting
- What is CAS Student Central and How Can it Benefit Your Future Employees?
- 3 Highlights from the CAS Leadership Summit
- The CAS Trust Scholarship: Expanding its Reach and Impact in the P&C Actuarial Industry
Author Archives: Lee Bowron
In March 2013, the Comprehensive R Archive Network (CRAN) released a major new version of R, the free software programming language and environment for statistical computing and graphics. R 3.0.0 takes better advantage of 64-bit memory and allows data structures that exceed two billion records! R is useful for a number of tasks. Replicates most … Read more
The purpose of the CAS’s Open-Source Software Committee is to make advanced open-source reserving, ratemaking, and predictive modeling procedures available, accessible and of practical value to a wider audience. The Committee will foster the development of tutorials, procedures, and educational resources, and is working with the CAS professional education committees to share the information with … Read more