The Casualty Actuarial Society is a professional organization whose purpose is the advancement of the body of knowledge of actuarial science applied to property, casualty, and similar risk exposures.
- Rating Variables, Educative Statements, and the I.I.I.
- Highlights from the August 2019 CAS Board of Directors Meeting
- 3 Highlights from the CAS Leadership Summit
- The CAS Trust Scholarship: Expanding its Reach and Impact in the P&C Actuarial Industry
- My First Impressions at the CAS
Author Archives: Julie Lederer
The CAS Reserves Committee is currently reviewing papers submitted to our non-technical reserving call paper program. Our call for papers (annually or bi-annually) provides a smooth path for budding authors to publish their work, since the committee provides a guiding hand at every step of the way: Once an author’s proposal is accepted, the author … Read more
Two years ago, the CAS Reserves Committee (CASCOR) established the Reserving Research Hall of Fame (RRHOF) to honor and draw attention to important reserving-related research. The inaugural RRHOF class, announced at the 2016 Casualty Loss Reserve Seminar, included papers by Thomas Mack, Ronald Bornhuetter and Ronald Ferguson, and James Berquist and Richard Sherman. To get … Read more