The Casualty Actuarial Society is a professional organization whose purpose is the advancement of the body of knowledge of actuarial science applied to property, casualty, and similar risk exposures.
- Representing the CAS Globally: My Visits to Malaysia and Japan
- My Visits with CAS Members and Candidates in Wisconsin: Insights and Feedback
- The RPM Seminar–What’s in a Name?
- Mango Talks Professionalism [Podcast]
- In Remembrance: CAS Contributor Richard A. Derrig, PhD
Author Archives: Don Mango
Should property-casualty actuarial science be considered an engineering specialty? Thanks to the Internet of Things (IoT) revolution, there are compelling reasons to consider aligning ourselves with engineers. According to Wikipedia, the Internet of Things is “the network of physical objects or ‘things’ embedded with electronics, software, sensors and network connectivity, which enables these objects to … Read more
The CAS has taken another step forward in supporting its members working in enterprise risk management with the formation of the CAS Enterprise Risk Management Special Interest Section (ERM SIS). I invite you to join me and other actuaries with an interest in advancing ERM practice by becoming a member of the section. As I … Read more