The Casualty Actuarial Society is a professional organization whose purpose is the advancement of the body of knowledge of actuarial science applied to property, casualty, and similar risk exposures.
- Representing the CAS Globally: My Visits to Malaysia and Japan
- My Visits with CAS Members and Candidates in Wisconsin: Insights and Feedback
- The RPM Seminar–What’s in a Name?
- Mango Talks Professionalism [Podcast]
- In Remembrance: CAS Contributor Richard A. Derrig, PhD
Author Archives: Cheri Widowski
The Summer 2014 – Volume 2 edition of the CAS E-Forum contains five reserves papers written in response to a call for papers issued by the CAS Committee on Reserves (CASCOR). “Combining Estimates,” by Tom Struppeck, provides a methodology for combining two or more estimates into a single estimate. In “The Analysis of ‘All-Prior’ Data,” … Read more
In this CAS Roundtable blog post we will explore the new opportunity open to CAS members to share non-technical papers with the CAS community. The CAS conducts call paper programs to enhance the literature on a specific topic, with finished papers published in the E-Forum. The Committee on Reserves conducts a call paper program every … Read more