The Casualty Actuarial Society is a professional organization whose purpose is the advancement of the body of knowledge of actuarial science applied to property, casualty, and similar risk exposures.
- The Future of Credentialing for Catastrophe Risk
- 2019 CAS Spring Meeting: President’s Perspective
- Publishing Research Through the CAS
- What is CAS Student Central and How Can it Benefit Your Future Employees?
- Rating Variables, Educative Statements, and the I.I.I.
Author Archives: Justin Brenden
I just returned from another great CAS Annual Meeting in Las Vegas, and I wanted to share my top 5 most memorable moments: Welcoming New Members – One of the most important features of any Annual Meeting is the induction of the new members. At this meeting, we had 244 new Associates and 241 new … Read more
I had the pleasure of attending the “Crash Course on Vehicle Technology and Driverless Cars” seminar this July, jointly organized by the CAS and IIHS/HLDI.* The event hosted about 80 people, most of whom were actuaries. While a highlight of the event was a real live crash test (see the video I took below), it also included … Read more