The Casualty Actuarial Society is a professional organization whose purpose is the advancement of the body of knowledge of actuarial science applied to property, casualty, and similar risk exposures.
- Rating Variables, Educative Statements, and the I.I.I.
- Highlights from the August 2019 CAS Board of Directors Meeting
- What is CAS Student Central and How Can it Benefit Your Future Employees?
- 3 Highlights from the CAS Leadership Summit
- The CAS Trust Scholarship: Expanding its Reach and Impact in the P&C Actuarial Industry
Author Archives: Brian Fannin
Music is expressive, it is simultaneously immediate and timeless, diverse yet universal. Music can lift us to a higher form of communication. (Think of humans and aliens learning to communicate at the end of “Close Encounters.”) And – like most human experience – music is also very mathematical. A caveat- there is a danger in … Read more
Last month I spoke at the Society of Actuaries 2018 Analytics Symposium in Minneapolis. The experience was a delight. Because it was an SOA conference, I had expected that at times I would feel confused or missing critical background, but there were very few instances of this. Several presentations may have meant more to me … Read more
The actuarial workflow typically looks like this: you complete an analysis in a spreadsheet, then you paste the chart into a word-processing document. If you want to make a change to the math, or the data, that copy-and-paste step must be repeated. It’s easy for the two (or more!) documents to fall out of sync, … Read more