The Casualty Actuarial Society is a professional organization whose purpose is the advancement of the body of knowledge of actuarial science applied to property, casualty, and similar risk exposures.
- How Well Does Hollywood Know Actuaries?
- Representing the CAS Globally: My Visits to Malaysia and Japan
- The RPM Seminar–What’s in a Name?
- In Remembrance: CAS Contributor Richard A. Derrig, PhD
- Mango Talks Professionalism [Podcast]
Tag Archives: Reserving
I’m just back from the annual ASTIN Colloquium, held June 1-3 in Lisbon, Portugal, on the campus of the Lisbon School of Economics and Management (known locally as ISEG, “Instituto Superior de Economia e Gestão”). The meeting was a valuable and enjoyable experience – although I was delighted to return home and experience both air … Read more
At the CAS Centennial Celebration and Annual Meeting, Don Mango, Dave Clark, Jim Guszcza and I are presenting a session called “Reserving for the Next 100 Years: Thinking Outside the Triangle.” We’re going to talk about whether we’ve been innovative in reserving, and it’s quite debatable. On the one hand, the CAS has over 400 … Read more