The Casualty Actuarial Society is a professional organization whose purpose is the advancement of the body of knowledge of actuarial science applied to property, casualty, and similar risk exposures.
- Representing the CAS Globally: My Visits to Malaysia and Japan
- My Visits with CAS Members and Candidates in Wisconsin: Insights and Feedback
- The RPM Seminar–What’s in a Name?
- Mango Talks Professionalism [Podcast]
- In Remembrance: CAS Contributor Richard A. Derrig, PhD
Tag Archives: Predictive Modeling
Big Data has officially arrived, and it’s changing the way business works, including actuarial science, wrote David Zornek, an actuarial consultant at Oliver Wyman, in the most recent issue of the Actuarial Review. Zornek, who is also a candidate representative to the CAS Candidate Liaison Committee, highlighted a variety of resources that actuaries can use … Read more
The CAS Interactive Online Education Committee is busy developing several online courses on the topics of: Introduction to R Introduction to Stochastic Reserving Statistics for Reserve Variability Statistics for Predictive Modeling Bayesian MCMC The self-paced, interactive online courses will allow actuaries to participate in virtual, hands-on education that is designed with adult learning principles. The Committee’s … Read more