The Casualty Actuarial Society is a professional organization whose purpose is the advancement of the body of knowledge of actuarial science applied to property, casualty, and similar risk exposures.
- Representing the CAS Globally: My Visits to Malaysia and Japan
- My Visits with CAS Members and Candidates in Wisconsin: Insights and Feedback
- The RPM Seminar–What’s in a Name?
- Mango Talks Professionalism [Podcast]
- In Remembrance: CAS Contributor Richard A. Derrig, PhD
Author Archives: Matt Caruso
As the United States celebrates National Volunteer Week, CAS president Steve Lowe gave a heartfelt thank you to all CAS volunteers for giving their time and efforts around the world. I would like to join Steve in thanking CAS volunteers for your enthusiastic service to the Society. Since joining the CAS staff in 2010, I … Read more
As the CAS nears its centennial celebration in 2014, many members may not realize that the CAS office in Arlington, Virginia has only existed since 1991. For over three-quarters of a century, the CAS was managed almost entirely by volunteers, giving the organization a strong culture of volunteerism that continues today. As the Membership and … Read more