The Casualty Actuarial Society is a professional organization whose purpose is the advancement of the body of knowledge of actuarial science applied to property, casualty, and similar risk exposures.
- How Well Does Hollywood Know Actuaries?
- The RPM Seminar–What’s in a Name?
- In Remembrance: CAS Contributor Richard A. Derrig, PhD
- Mango Talks Professionalism [Podcast]
- On the Road with the CAS President: My Visit to USAA
Author Archives: Kate Niswander
For any organization, paying tribute to 100 years of history can seem a daunting task. It will come as no surprise that the celebration of the CAS’s centennial year – culminating in the CAS Centennial Celebration and Annual Meeting in New York in November – was decades in the making. Projects such as the CAS … Read more
“Why did you decide to become an actuary?” It’s a question you’ve likely fielded at one point or another from family members, friends, colleagues and new acquaintances. In fact, the frequency of the question is perhaps trumped only by the ubiquitous, “What is an actuary?” So how do you respond when someone asks why you … Read more